- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Pa. college women’s lacrosse team’s bus crashes, killing 2
Question of the Day
CARLISLE, Pa. — A tour bus carrying a college's women's lacrosse team to a game went off a freeway Saturday in central Pennsylvania and crashed into a tree, killing the driver and one passenger and sending others to hospitals, including some with serious injuries, authorities said.
Pennsylvania Turnpike spokeswoman Renee Colborn says 23 Seton Hill lacrosse players and three coaches were aboard when the bus crashed at about 9 a.m. on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It's unclear what caused the crash.
Penn State Hershey Medical Center spokeswoman Danielle Ran says three people were flown by helicopter to the hospital, where one died. She did not give the condition of the other two. Eleven others were also taken to hospitals as a precaution.
The team from Seton Hill, a Catholic school near Pittsburgh, was to play Saturday at Millersville University.
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq