- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Pa. college women’s lacrosse team’s bus crashes, killing 2
Question of the Day
CARLISLE, Pa. — A tour bus carrying a college's women's lacrosse team to a game went off a freeway Saturday in central Pennsylvania and crashed into a tree, killing the driver and one passenger and sending others to hospitals, including some with serious injuries, authorities said.
Pennsylvania Turnpike spokeswoman Renee Colborn says 23 Seton Hill lacrosse players and three coaches were aboard when the bus crashed at about 9 a.m. on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It's unclear what caused the crash.
Penn State Hershey Medical Center spokeswoman Danielle Ran says three people were flown by helicopter to the hospital, where one died. She did not give the condition of the other two. Eleven others were also taken to hospitals as a precaution.
The team from Seton Hill, a Catholic school near Pittsburgh, was to play Saturday at Millersville University.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq