- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Georgetown is No. 2 seed in NCAA South Region; VCU No. 5 seed
Georgetown is the No. 2 seed in the NCAA South Region and will face 15th-seeded Florida Gulf Coast University in its NCAA tournament opener.
The Hoyas (25-6) and Eagles (24-10) will face off Friday in Philadelphia at 6:50 p.m. Whoever advances will play the winner of the San Diego State-Oklahoma game on Sunday for a trip to the Sweet 16 in Arlington, Texas.
Florida Gulf Coast, located in Fort Myers, Fla., won the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament for its first NCAA bid. The Eagles aren’t likely to be intimidated, though; they already have played Miami, Duke and VCU this year, beating the Hurricanes in November.
VCU is the No. 5 seed in the South Region and will face 12th-seeded Akron, the Mid-American Conference champion, at approximately 9:45 p.m. Thursday in Auburn Hills, Mich.
James Madison is in the play-in game against LIU-Brooklyn in Dayton, Ohio after winning the Colonial Athletic Association tournament title. The winner of that first-round game at 6:40 p.m. Wednesday would face top-seeded Indiana in Dayton on Friday.
Liberty, the only team in the field with a losing record at 15-20, also is in Dayton for the play-ins and will face North Carolina A&T on Tuesday at 6:40 p.m. The winner will move on to face top overall seed Louisville on Thursday.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.