- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
The path to 33 might not be that daunting for Heat
_ Philadelphia (26-40), April 6.
On Final Four Saturday in college basketball, the Heat could punch their ticket to a defacto championship game. This would be for No. 33, and comes against opponents who very much play the Washington Generals to Miami’s Globetrotters: Always seems to stay close, but never get it done.
Heat victory odds: Excellent.
_ Milwaukee (33-32), April 9.
It’s very likely that the Bucks and Heat will play in the first round of the East playoffs. But before that, if Miami is really going for No. 34 on this night, how fitting would it be that the Bucks are the opponent?
Jan. 9, 1972. The Bucks beat the Lakers 120-104, snapping that 33-game win streak. Does history repeat itself on April 9?
Follow Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ByTimReynolds
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow