- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Inside the Beltway: The nose knows no more marijuana
“So much for the charm offensive,” mused House Speaker John A. Boehner after hearing President Obama’s remark on arriving in Israel that “it’s good to get away from Congress.”
The speaker shared this with CNN’s Jake Tapper:
“I’d rather be heckled than ignored. Or, as I like to say, you only tease the ones you love,” Mr. Boehner added.
For those who can’t stay awake as the politicians drone on and on, it’s “Death Wish Coffee,” which contains 780 mg of caffeine — about three times as much as the typical brew. It’s organic, though, and priced at a rather strong $20 a pound.
“You will not find this coffee at your local diner or at your sissy Starbucks,” the New York-based company says, calling it “the world’s strongest coffee,” and offering the warning, “Try at your own risk.”
See it all here: deathwishcoffee.com
There’s not much optimism among tea partyers in the wake of the Republican National Committee’s grand plan to rebrand the party, unveiled by Chairman Reince Priebus on Monday. There is, however, continued anger and resolve.
“Tea Party Patriots will never allow the Republican National Committee or any political party veto power over our activities. Never,” proclaims Kevin Mooneyhan, a national program organizer for the ever-vigilant umbrella group.
“I don’t care what these D.C. hacks want. This is our movement and we will never dilute our message, compromise our principles or back down from a political fight,” he continues.
“According to the GOP report, ‘The RNC is the only entity that can effectively lead on issues and messaging’ and the Republican establishment plans to call for a ‘command performance meeting’ with all conservative groups to decide what we are allowed to do and say,” Mr. Monneyhan says. “Baloney.”
He adds, “These people either don’t know or don’t care about how much danger our country is in. They only care about gimmicks and political games.”
POLL DU JOUR
• 74 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the way the nation is being governed; 94 percent of Republicans and 51 percent of Democrats agree.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: An agenda-free Easter
- Inside the Beltway: A Hillary-free 2016 would confound Democrats
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.