- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Pot vending machines may be coming to San Diego
Question of the Day
A company that makes medicine-dispensing machines, including ones for marijuana, hopes to open 30 such dispensaries in the San Diego area.
The Medbox system resembles a vending machine, but medical marijuana patients would swipe a prepaid card, press their fingerprint and browse for medicine, according to ABC10 News in San Diego.
The San Diego City Council will consider an ordinance that would issue permits for dispensaries. Medbox has already started taking deposits for the machines, which costs about $50,000.
“I think they key is for patients to get their medicine safely and securely, and if this a means for them to do that, then by all means, that’s wonderful,” Eugene Davidovich, a medical marijuana advocate with Americans for Safe Access, told ABC10.
Medbox CEO Bruce Bedrick said the company has opened 150 dispensaries throughout the United States and Canada in the past four years and that his machines have remained crime-free.
“It’s armor-coated. Second, it’s 800 pounds,” he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pro-Palestinian protesters stage 'die-in' outside Seattle Boeing offices
- Mass. superintendent fined for plagiarizing graduation speeches
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Chicago-area cop kills dog in front of 6-year-old owner, witnesses say
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq