- The Washington Times - Friday, September 27, 2013

The same Islamic terror group that killed dozens of mall-goers in Nairobi is claiming credit for two more attacks that killed three Kenyan villagers, and the leader of the al Qaeda affiliate is vowing that more violence is on its way.

Al-Shabab’s leader, Ahmed Abdi Mohamed Godane, said the kills will continue until Kenya government officials order troops to leave Somalia, The Associated Press reported. He made that vow right after storming two separate towns near the Somalia border, killing three — including two police officers — injuring several, and wrecking about a dozen vehicles.

“[There’s no way Kenya] can withstand a war of attrition inside your own country,” he said, in a statement posted online earlier this week, AP reported. “Make your choice today and withdraw all your forces. Otherwise, be prepared for an abundance of blood that will be spilt in your country, economic downfall and displacement.”

He specified the mall attack was directed both at Kenya but also at the West — a “retribution against Western states that supported the Kenyan invasion and are spilling the blood of innocent Muslims in order to pave the way for their mineral companies.”

The terrorist siege on the mall began last weekend and continued for four days. At least 67 were killed and even more injured.