- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Topic - Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
Brazil's championship will start as scheduled this weekend after the Brazilian football federation succeeded in its appeal against a club that filed a civil suit trying to be included in the country's first division.
The Washington Wizards Most Valuable Player is 83 years old, stands 98 feet tall, weighs, 700 tons, is made of reinforced concrete and soapstone and sits on top of a 2,300-foot mountain.
The Brazilian football federation elected a new president on Wednesday, although little is changing at the helm of the organization.
Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said Tuesday that it will not sign former France striker Nicolas Anelka because the player took too long to report to the club.
Vice President Joseph Biden will get a taste of "joga bonito" — the beautiful game — by traveling to Brazil this June to cheer on the U.S. national team in the World Cup, the White House said Monday.
FIFA says nearly 200,000 tickets will be available in the last online sales phase for the World Cup in Brazil.
Flamengo scored in stoppage time to draw 1-1 with Vasco da Gama on Sunday and win the Rio de Janeiro state championship for a record 33rd time.
Blame it on Rio.
Already with an eye on the 2018 World Cup it will host, Russia is headed to Brazil with the attitude that anything short of advancement from Group H will be a failure.
Ghana came awfully close to being the first African team to reach the World Cup semifinals, its progress halted by a handball from Uruguay striker Luis Suarez and Asamoah Gyan's miss from the resulting penalty.
Despite being in charge of one of the top favorites at the World Cup, Germany coach Joachim Loew is deeply worried.
Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."
With Belgium, Russia, South Korea and Algeria, don't expect too much pre-World Cup hype from Group H.
Belgium is back in the World Cup after 12 years, and with its hottest crop of players in a generation.