- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
United Airlines pilot dies after in-flight heart attack
A United Airlines pilot who suffered a heart attack in mid-flight, and was forced to make an emergency landing in Boise, died on Friday.
The Associated Press reported he died at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center while undergoing treatment. The airline was not releasing his name due to privacy concerns.
He had been flying to Seattle with 164 passengers and crew members, when he went into cardiac arrest and quickly landed the Boeing 747. The passengers and crew members were unhurt and the pilot was taken to the nearest hospital for treatment.
“We got a call from United Flight 1607 about 7:55 p.m. Mountain Time declaring an emergency,” said Boise Airport spokeswoman Patty Miller, in Reuters. “They said the pilot had had a heart attack.
The plane touched down minutes later, and all 160 passengers and four crew members were unhurt. They were diverted on to other flights to complete their destinations.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Taliban vow to 'use all force' to disrupt Afghan elections
- Sbarro pizza chain files second bankruptcy in three years
- Bishop in Aleppo: 'We Christians live in fear in Syria'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again