- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Lamar Odom checks into rehab for drug, alcohol addiction: report
Question of the Day
“He realized he needs help,” a source told the magazine.
The NBA free agent was arrested early Friday morning after being stopped in Los Angeles showing “objective signs of intoxications,” police reported.
Mr. Odom entered a plea and was released on $15,000 bond.
His wife, reality star Khloe Kardashian, reportedly issued an ultimatum to Mr. Odom over the weekend that it was it was rehab or divorce, TMZ said. People doesn’t specify where or when he checked in, but he was seen out in public as late as Saturday, TMZ reported.
Mr. Odom is currently unsigned but had been drawing interest from the Lakers, as well as the L.A. Clippers, where he finished last season, ABC News reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Killer's sentencing overturned because mother couldn't find seat in courtroom
- Hundreds gather at Lincoln Memorial to honor Korean War veterans
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world