- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
Venezuelan president strips CNN of press credentials
CNN no longer has press credentials in Venezuela, courtesy of President Nicolas Maduro.
The socialist president and successor to the late Hugo Chavez informed the network Thursday that it needed to “rectify” its coverage of the country’s ongoing unrest, or be removed from the country.
Mr. Maduro called CNN’s coverage “war propaganda” on live TV, Politico reported. The news network’s press credentials were officially revoked.
Four of the network’s journalists, including CNN en Español anchor Patricia Janiot, were notified they are no longer permitted to report within Venezuela, Politico reported. A CNN spokesperson said that Ms. Janiot left the country but that other reporters remained.
“We hope the government will reconsider its decision,” CNN Español said in an on-air statement. “In the meantime, we will continue reporting on Venezuela in a just, accurate and balanced manner that characterizes us as a journalistic enterprise.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: 'I hope you die in prison'
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.