- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill’s wife leaves AR-15 in rental car
The wife of Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill returned a rental car in South Florida with her AR-15 rifle in the back seat, police said.
Lauren Tannehill had rented the white Nissan Rogue on Jan. 4 and returned it to E-Z Rent-A-Car at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Sun Sentinel reported.
Hours later, the car was rented to Judith Fleissig of New York, who discovered the $2,000 weapon a couple days later.
“We got out of the car, we were kind of freaked out,” she told the newspaper. “I didn’t want to touch it. I took a picture, zipped it back up and went to the police station. They came out and took it.”
Miss Fleissig turned the rifle in to the Hillsboro Beach Police Department. A sheriff’s report said Mrs. Tannehill was instructed to contact the office about getting the rifle back, but it is not clear if she has yet done so, The Sentinel reported.
“Though dangerous if it would have landed in the wrong hands, it’s not criminal,” Broward County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Keyla Concepción said of Mrs. Tannehill.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Bill Ayers, Noam Chomsky to give their side in new Dinesh D'Souza film
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Mayor who sympathized with Kansas City shooter steps down
- Media Matters demands Sharyl Attkisson provide evidence for targeting claims
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say 'Jerusalem, Israel'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.