- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Ohio man who threatened Obama gets prison time
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A federal judge has sentenced a central Ohio man to 16 months in prison for making Twitter threats to kill President Barack Obama.
Thirty-seven-year-old Daniel Temple of Columbus had confessed to U.S. Secret Service agents to making the threats and pleaded guilty in May.
The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1fpcSYy ) reports that he was sentenced by U.S. District Judge George C. Smith on Wednesday.
According to the Secret Service complaint, threatening tweets by Temple from March included the president’s name and phrases such as “coming to kill you” and “killing you soon.”
Temple’s attorney, Gordon G. Hobson, wrote in a sentencing memorandum that Temple has been treated since 2010 for paranoia, delusions and hallucinations caused by alcohol and marijuana abuse.
Hobson said Temple has been sober since his arrest in March.
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014