- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
John McCain calls Obama’s White House ‘cowardly’ and ‘AWOL’
Question of the Day
“It’s just been cowardly — it’s a cowardly administration that failed to give the Ukrainians weapons with which to defend themselves,” he said, speaking about the downed flight of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 that killed 298, Politico reported.
Russian separatists are suspected of attacking the commercial jet — but Mr. McCain said the deeper blame sits with the present administration and its inability to deal effectively in foreign matters.
“I don’t understand this president,” he said on Fox News on Thursday evening. “The crisis on the border, and he did the fundraisers — the fundraisers in New York while there are major, major conflicts, not to mention the loss of American lives reported. … I do not understand it. This is what we used to call in the military AWOL.”
Fox News host Sean Hannity then addressed White House press secretary Josh Earnest’s recent statements that the administration has in several instances “intervened in a meaningful way that has … substantially improved the … tranquility of the global community,” and asked Mr. McCain: Do you know where?
Mr. McCain’s reply: “Wherever there’s a fundraiser,” Politico reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world