- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
HUMPHRIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is … The Climate-Change Con Artists
Question of the Day
The White House released a new fear-filled National Climate Assessment this week, offering the usual horrifying speculation instead of actual data. Heck, if the worst-case scenarios in the climate computer models that have been consistently wrong for the past 30 years pan out, JFK and LaGuardia Airports could be under water! There could be more hurricanes! Our food will be less nutritious! And it’s all your fault, you evil, air conditioner using, carbon-spewing, capitalism-loving Americans!
Don’t look at the rest of the world and ask why their emissions don’t seem to count. Don’t try looking at Beijing for the source of global warming. (Seriously, don’t try looking at Beijing — you can’t even see it through the rolling clouds of smog on bad days.) Stop asking why there hasn’t been any actual climate change for 17 years and counting, a pause predicted by absolutely none of the doom-mongers.
Stop asking if an unrealistic emphasis is being placed on carbon as a “greenhouse gas,” because it just happens to be something that can be tied to all the human activity government wants to tax and regulate.
And by all means, you’d better stop asking why people like President Obama are happy to pump 30,000 tons of carbon into the atmosphere so he can fly to the coast and attend a few fundraisers, maybe play a few rounds of golf. Stop asking why Al Gore has a carbon footprint bigger than Godzilla. Do not wonder if global-warming crusader James Cameron should stop burning oceans of fossil fuel to make movies. (And in 2010 why when he asked me to debate the issues of “Climate Change” he canceled repeatedly on Andrew Breitbart, and me in front of a very Pro-James Cameron audience. Why? He would have been beaten, BAD and he knew it… but I digress)
Only us little people need to change our lives to combat climate change, you see. The kings and princes of Hollywood and Washington will still roam the skies, prowl the streets in limousines, and luxuriate in air-conditioned comfort. Sure, they’ll be paying more for electricity under the coming tidal wave of environmental regulations, just like you… but unlike you, they can easily afford it. You pay for a politician’s energy consumption anyway - why should he care if gas goes up another buck or two per gallon, or home electricity costs jump 50 percent?
Oh, and by the way, it’s not “climate change” any more. It was global cooling until the political class realized there wasn’t any way they could squeeze power and money out of that. Then it was global warming, until they realized the globe wasn’t warming. Then it was climate change, until global temperatures stopped changing. Now it’s “climate disruption.” That’s the perfect name, because even if the climate doesn’t change, they can say it was supposed to change, and we still need Big Government to prevent the “disruption.”
It’s all about government bureaucrats and academia bullying people into feeling ashamed of their productivity and prosperity, making us feel frightened enough to accept more government control over our lives and our wallets. We’re also prodded to hate American industry, which has made lives around the world so much better. Politicians get more power, scientists get more funding, and elite liberals get to look down their noses at peasants who dare to enjoy luxuries that should be reserved for aristocrats…. such as driving around in affordable, comfortable cars. There’s less science and more hysteria in the climate change… excuse me, climate disruption… movement every year. They don’t care how often they get everything wrong, because their computer models will always say the end is nigh, and it’s time for America to repent.
So for those reasons and the additional regulations they are constantly forcing down our collective throats … this week’s liberal bully if the week is The Climate Change Con Artists.
About the Author
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq