- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - 2012-09-11
The Obama State Department has finally released a second round of photos revealing the harrowing devastation wrought by a terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012.
An American teacher at an international school in Benghazi, Libya, was shot and killed Thursday.
Libya's deteriorating security was evident Monday when troops and armed civilians in Benghazi clashed with members of a militant group blamed for the attack last year that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador.
The State Department has belatedly released dozens of photos of the aftermath of last year’s terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi after The Washington Times inquired about the authenticity of photographs it received from a Welsh security contractor assigned to the doomed American outpost in eastern Libya.
Sen. Lindsey Graham threatened Monday to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.
Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, said Sunday that his threat to block all presidential nominees until Congress can speak with survivors of the Benghazi attack is warranted.
EXCLUSIVE: Masked from public view, two of the U.S. military's elite special operations commandos have been awarded medals for bravery for a mission that further undercuts the Obama administration's original story about the Benghazi tragedy.
MSNBC "Hardball" host Chris Matthews — a staunch pro-Obama defender who famously earned the nickname "Tingles" for remarking on the president's ability to send shivers down his leg with his speeches — is singing a new tune.
President Obama is often described as being the smartest person in the room. After a careful analysis of the track record of his administration on the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. diplomatic personnel in Benghazi, the deadly consequences of Operation Fast and Furious, and now the stunning failure of the Obamacare rollout, I am inclined to agree with that assessment of the sitting president.
Team Obama must still answer for undeniably lax security in Benghazi
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham threatened Monday to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.
A bipartisan poll finds that most Americans now support a special congressional committee to investigate events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya.
A suspected Libyan al Qaeda figure nabbed by U.S. special forces in a dramatic operation in Tripoli had been living freely in his homeland for the past two years after a trajectory that took him to Sudan, Afghanistan and Iran, where he had been detained for years, his family said Sunday. The Libyan government bristled at the raid, asking Washington to explain the "kidnapping."
Putin uses Obama's disengagement to lead a Russian czarist reprise
Syria may be in chaos, and the international community may be floundering for the proper response to the regime's chemical weapons attack outside Damascus, but President Bashar Assad is celebrating — his birthday, that is.