- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Topic - Alan Paige
A D.C. man whose three pit bulls escaped his Brightwood home and mauled a neighborhood child until a good Samaritan shot the dogs was sentenced to eight days in jail and three years probation.
Authorities have made an agreement not to prosecute a Northwest D.C. man who used his unregistered handgun to shoot and kill a pit bull in order to stop it from mauling a child in his neighborhood.
He also said he hadn't meant to have so many dogs.
In court, Mr. Paige said he installed a fence to keep the dogs on his property and he contested accusations that his dogs had been a threat, referring to them as "friendly."