- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Brian Lee
The D.C. fire department is investigating a Monday night blaze that caused extensive damage to a vacant Northeast elementary school.
The self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff" in America, Phoenix's Joe Arpaio, who cranked up his Christmas music machine for inmates last month, has scheduled a caroling contest for interested pre-trial prisoners - with the winner to receive a "real Christmas dinner for himself and his cell mates."
The one-child policy "degrades the value of women by saying that the government has the authority to control them," said Mr. Lee.
Brian Lee, executive director of the Christian nonprofit group, All Girls Allowed, said the policy change is "a step in the right direction," but does not address the problem of "gendercide" — sex-selection abortion and female infanticide — which has led to 37 million "missing" girls in China.