- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Detroit Lions
London is getting its first NFL day game, creating a new morning time slot for viewers in the United States.
Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis was suspended Tuesday for the final four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
The Packers have a five-game winless streak for the first time since 2008, showing how valuable Aaron Rodgers is for the franchise. Rodgers has missed four-plus games since fracturing his left collarbone.
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 23, two days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers.
As the buzzer sounded and his Michigan State teammates raced onto the court to celebrate, Gary Harris held his index finger aloft. No doubt about who's No. 1. For now, at least.
Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are halfway to history _ and not the kind anyone wants to celebrate, chronicle or recall.
Jay Cutler's time away proved shorter than the Chicago Bears originally expected.
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will start against the Detroit Lions on Sunday after missing one game with a groin muscle tear.
Eleven seasons into his football career, Washington Redskins linebacker Nick Barnett figures he has a pretty good sense of the sort of teasing and hazing and horsing around that happens in the typical NFL locker room, especially when it comes to rookies.
Matthew Stafford's latest highlight had more to do with his wits than his arm.
Rookie tight end Jordan Reed caught eight of 14 passes thrown his way in the Redskins' loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday, while Garçon reeled in seven of 11. Six other players combined to make only five catches on 14 attempts.
The Kansas City Chiefs are on top of the Associated Press power poll.
Calvin Johnson doesn't spend much time trying to call attention to himself.
Stafford's 1-yard lunge over a pile of linemen with 12 seconds left and Calvin Johnson's 329 yards receiving lifted the Detroit Lions to a 31-30 comeback win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
The NFL had announced earlier this month that it would play three games at Wembley Stadium in 2014, with the Jaguars, Falcons and Raiders as the designated home teams.