- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chris Carpenter
The 36-year-old right-hander signed a one-day contract Monday to retire as a member of the Blue Jays, where he spent the first 12 years of his career. He made the announcement at a news conference at the winter meetings in Orlando.
The St. Louis Cardinals have made a one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer to free agent Carlos Beltran. They just don't expect him to return next season.
Tony La Russa was always protective of his players, so it comes as no surprise that the former St. Louis Cardinals manager swims against the current when it comes to Albert Pujols.
The lessons begin in rookie ball.
Drew Storen was about 15 years old when he got a chance to talk to Dr. Timothy Kremchek. The Cincinnati Reds' medical director talked to the young right-hander about pitching — and about how it is simply not something the body is really built to do.
Much of the focus as baseball heads into the second half is on the possible suspensions of Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun and a handful of All-Stars implicated in the Biogenesis performance enhancing drug scandal.
St. Louis Cardinals closer Jason Motte faces reconstructive elbow surgery if his condition doesn't improve in the next three weeks or so.
St. Louis Cardinals closer Jason Motte faces reconstructive elbow surgery if his condition does not improve in the next three weeks or so.
Chris Carpenter realizes his baseball career may be over.
Adam Wainwright and the St. Louis Cardinals have put contract talks on hold, though neither side expects many obstacles to a long-term deal.
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter hasn't ruled out pitching again, including this year.
Chris Carpenter, one of the best clutch pitchers in the storied history of the St. Louis Cardinals, may have thrown his final pitch.
Ryan Vogelsong and these San Francisco Giants sure have become adept at saving their season.
Ryan Vogelsong struck out six during a hitless start, and the San Francisco Giants took a 5-0 lead over the St. Louis Cardinals through three innings in Game 6 of the NL championship series Sunday night.
The Giants sure are tough to eliminate this postseason.
FILE - In this Oct. 4, 2013, file photo, St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter acknowledges the crowd before the start of Game 2 of baseball's National League division series against the Pittsburgh Pirates in St. Louis.
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter acknowledges the crowd before the start of Game 2 of baseball's National League division series agaist the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, in St. Louis.