- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Daun Martin
A report by the Center for Investigative Reporting has found that doctors working at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation sterilized nearly 150 female prisoners between 2006 and 2010 without required state approvals.
"Do I criticize those women for manipulating the system because they're pregnant? Absolutely not," he told CIR. "But I don't think it should happen. And I'd like to find ways to decrease that."
Mr. Martin denied approving the surgeries, but at least 60 tubal ligations were performed at Valley State while he was in charge.