- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - dean smith
North Carolina faced an unlikely 15-point deficit with one of its top players having an off night against Florida State on Monday. Maybe just as unlikely was Kennedy Meeks stepping up to save the day.
It took North Carolina only a couple of weeks to tumble from the Top 25 to the bottom of the ACC.
A look at five things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference this week:
Items including Michael Jordan's University of North Carolina diploma and recruiting letters from coach Dean Smith are being auctioned off.
When James Michael McAdoo gave North Carolina an early boost against No. 2 Syracuse, the Tar Heels seemed ready to escape from their recent funk. The Orange defense had other ideas.
Larry Brown was a young assistant on coach Dean Smith's staff at North Carolina in the mid-1960s when he turned down his first head coaching offer.
Tennessee's Holly Warlick insists she doesn't feel much pressure replacing one of the greatest figures in the history of women's basketball.
Larry Brown has returned to college coaching.
Holly Warlick has her work cut out for her as Tennessee's new women's basketball coach.
It's been nine years since Roy Williams left Kansas, and he knows the Jayhawks and their fans have gotten over him.
North Carolina is reliving a 28-year-old nightmare.
For 44 minutes and 31 seconds, Georgetown gave Syracuse fits.
We'll never forget that line last March, as the Ohio State football program was unraveling, when president E. Gordon Gee was asked about possibly firing Jim Tressel. "Are you kidding?" he said. "I'm just hopeful that the coach doesn't dismiss me."
Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams is retiring after 22 seasons, the school said Thursday.
When Jim Calhoun was 28 and just gaining a foothold in coaching, he figured he already had all the answers.
Smith said Marshall's injury isn't crippling, that the team's frontcourt trio could be enough to keep the Tar Heels advancing in a season that has at most four games left.
"I think he is such a great facilitator, a superior facilitator to anyone in college basketball today," Smith said. "He's a guy who could play a game with the injury I had and still be super effective. I don't think I could've been super effective. ... I think he'd be OK because part of his repertoire is being able to score, but Kendall can go games and get six points and be the most dominant player on the court."