- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Don Stewart
When it comes to solutions to our economic woes, President Obama has a plan. Unfortunately, it's the same stimulus that proved to be a failure in 2009. Mr. Obama's latest scheme is to pay for another year of payroll-tax holiday by hiking taxes on small businesses and investors. He's wasting both the American people's and Congress' time by campaigning for a proposal he knows can't pass.
A group opposed to ending the ban on openly gay troops in the military has released a national survey that challenges earlier independent polls asserting that a wide percentage of Americans favor repealing the ban.
That prompted Don Stewart, a spokesman for Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, to say premiums that are "lower than projected" are not the same as "lower than they are now."
"If this thing is determined to be a 'bailout' versus a 'rescue' plan for people at home, it makes a difference how they perceive it," he said. "When people learn the real consequences of inaction versus a sound bite describing it as a bailout for fat cats, that makes a difference."