- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Don Stewart
When it comes to solutions to our economic woes, President Obama has a plan. Unfortunately, it's the same stimulus that proved to be a failure in 2009. Mr. Obama's latest scheme is to pay for another year of payroll-tax holiday by hiking taxes on small businesses and investors. He's wasting both the American people's and Congress' time by campaigning for a proposal he knows can't pass.
A group opposed to ending the ban on openly gay troops in the military has released a national survey that challenges earlier independent polls asserting that a wide percentage of Americans favor repealing the ban.
"He told him about it, [Mr. McConnell] didn't object to it, and even if he had, it wouldn't have stopped the amendment going forward," said Mr. Stewart.
Mr. McConnell's spokesman, Don Stewart, said there wasn't much they could do.