- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Elizabeth Hurley
After nearly two decades, Elizabeth Hurley still finds herself dressed in pink in October to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
David Beckham may have slowed down a notch on the soccer field, but his A-list celebrity status is still intact.
We lost a big-hearted prodigy on Sunday morning: Teddy Forstmann, financier, political player, philanthropist (especially for the young and in education) and a bit of an adventurer. I know. I accompanied him on some of his adventures and feared for my life. He was a member of the board of directors of the American Spectator in the 1980s and early 1990. He died of brain cancer, and we shall miss him.
Hugh Grant has become a father for the first time after a brief fling, his spokesman said Tuesday _ but the identity of the baby's mother is not being disclosed.
"Mother Monster" Lady Gaga makes many people uncomfortable. Even President Obama.
Former Australia cricketer Shane Warne says he and British actress Elizabeth Hurley are engaged.
Actress Elizabeth Hurley and businessman Arun Nayar have divorced after four years of marriage.
Russell Simmons, Ricky Martin and the HBO drama series "True Blood" are among this year's recipients of media awards from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
British actress and model Elizabeth Hurley says she has separated from her Indian husband of three years, Arun Nayar. Hurley's announcement on her Twitter account comes amid reports in British tabloids linking her romantically to Australian cricket star Shane Warne. Warne on Monday confirmed he has also split from his wife.
The breast cancer awareness movement's dynamic duo, Evelyn Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley, have watched their audience evolve in nearly two decades of promoting the pink ribbon, matching lipsticks and mammograms.
"This is a part of my life. I look forward to the month. Over the years, my commitment has become more significant," Hurley says.
Lauder co-founded the Pink Ribbon Campaign 20 years ago, and since then, more than 122 million free pink ribbons have been handed out at department-store cosmetic counters as a reminder about breast health and the research being done for a cure, Hurley says.