- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Fire Department Of New York
The Fire Department of New York says there are "multiple injuries" in a Metro-North passenger train derailment, but the extent of the injuries is unclear.
New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner has emerged unscathed from a minor car crash on a busy Manhattan highway.
The Fire Department of New York says a crane has collapsed at a construction site in the city's Queens borough, injuring seven people, three of them seriously.
Public safety is non-negotiable. That's the message signaled Tuesday by lawyers defending the Big Apple's fire department from race-based bullying by the U.S. Justice Department.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.'s obsession with racial grievance-mongering could get Americans burnt to a
Federal Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis and the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) Vulcan Society want minorities hired through a quota system instead of achieving the job on merit ("Justice Department undermines FDNY," Comment & Analysis, Monday). The judge attributed the ruling to the fact that a slightly lower percentage of minorities passed the firefighting entrance exam.
Thank you for keeping your Monday editorial "Justice Department undermines FDNY" (Comment & Analysis) straight and to the point.
Five people, including three young children, died in an apartment fire early Saturday, some taking refuge from the smoky blaze in a full bathtub and underneath a sink, fire officials said.