- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Nicklas Bäckström
Capitals coach Barry Trotz says he will try Evgeny Kuznetsov, Andre Burakovsky and Marcus Johansson at center during training camp.
How will the arrival of Barry Trotz impact the fantasy production of Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom?
Nicklas Backstrom was tied with Alex Ovechkin with a team-high 79 points, but he was a liability 5-on-5.
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin says he would like to see Adam Oates return as head coach next season He wasn't alone..
It came right down to the final moment of the final regular-season game for the Tampa Bay Lightning to secure home-ice advantage against the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of the playoffs.
The Capitals say they owe it to their fans to play hard. Nicklas Backstrom wonders if the pressure got to them.
Alex Ovechkin scoree his 50th goal and the Caps kept their slim playoff hopes alive by beating the slumping St. Louis Blues 4-1 on Tuesday night.
Alex Ovechkin took his place in the NHL record book and helped the Washington Capitals keep pace in the playoff race.
The Capitals scored two goals in the 2nd period to tie the game up at 3-3.
With points at a premium for the playoff-chasing Washington Capitals, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov was the difference for his struggling team.
Troy Brouwer scored twice and Nicklas Backstrom had the other goal for Washington. The Capitals have lost three straight.
This time, the shootout win went to the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals managed to fight back to gain a point, but they fell short in a shootout loss to the Predators.
Caps fans can breathe a sigh of relief. Nicklas Backstrom was out taking regular shifts on the Capitals second line with Evgeny Kuznetsov and Troy Brouwer.
Nicklas Backstrom, Mikhail Grabovski and Jack Hillen all hope to be in the lineup Saturday afternoon against the Boston Bruins.
"It was a great feed again," Backstrom said. "That was a seam pass there and that defenseman gave me a little room, so you have to take advantage of that."
"We want to finish off good," Backstrom said. "The last few games we've been playing all right, even if the games are a little more like a scrimmage."