- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Philip Seymour Hoffman
The mother of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman says there will be public celebrations of her son's life in both New York City and Rochester this spring.
Officials say actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died from a toxic mix of heroin and other drugs.
Philip Seymour Hoffman died from taking a combination of heroin, cocaine and other drugs, the New York City medical examiner ruled Friday, a toxic mix that addiction specialists say is not uncommon in the tens of thousands of overdose deaths in the U.S. each year.
Pro-Russian leader of Ukraine's Crimea claims control of military, police; asks Putin for help
NYC coroner: Phillip Seymour Hoffman died from toxic mix of drugs, including heroin, cocaine.
A close friend of Philip Seymour Hoffman has settled a libel lawsuit against The National Enquirer by creating a playwriting foundation to be initially funded by the tabloid.
Feb. 23, 2014
Philip Seymour Hoffman built a career in Hollywood, but his will shows he thought childhood was best spent in New York City, Chicago or San Francisco.
A musician arrested on heroin-possession charges amid an investigation into Philip Seymour Hoffman's death hopes to resolve the case with treatment, according to a court filing Tuesday.
The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
Drake is apologizing for lashing out at Rolling Stone for replacing him on the cover with the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.
A bar in Washington is paying tribute to actor Philip Seymour Hoffman with a movie marathon.
The news alerts started flying at 2 p.m. that Sunday, then the e-mails. "Did you hear? Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead."
In a major drug bust that drew little attention just a week before Philip Seymour Hoffman's death, authorities found a sophisticated heroin packaging and distribution operation in an apartment in the Bronx.
The fashion house Valentino has apologized for touting in an email blast to journalists that one of their pricey bags was carried by Amy Adams as she stepped from a car at the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman.
"I do think there is a huge difference between Hollywood and Washington, you know, and what we are responsible for and what influence we wield. I think sometimes it gets forgotten, that the people who are governing us have a much more important position," Hoffman said.
"He was a true master who loved directing and working with actors like no other," said Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who starred in it. "He was and is valuable on so many levels the thought itself overwhelms. I adored him. God, we're going to miss him."