- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Planned Parenthood Affiliates
At a time when other states are moving to restrict abortion services, California Democrats have pushed through two new laws that will permit nonphysicians such as midwives to perform abortion procedures in the first 12 weeks and will loosen building standards for abortion clinics.
Planned Parenthood lobbyist Alisa Lapolt Snow provoked well-deserved backlash last month for testifying in opposition to Florida legislation HB 1129, which awards infants born alive within the context of abortion the same rights of infants born alive via natural birth.
A lobbyist for Planned Parenthood told Florida lawmakers this week that what doctors do with babies who were supposed to be aborted but were instead born alive is the doctors' business — suggesting killing was okay.
The Planned Parenthood clinic manager shown in the hidden-camera video released by pro-life group Live Action on Tuesday has been fired from the clinic in Perth Amboy, N.J.