- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Romania
He was a Romanian-born historian, professor and philanthropist who intrigued American popular culture by writing a book linking the fictional Count Dracula to the 15th-century Romanian prince Vlad the Impaler.
Founders of the pro-life organization Life Nation were present in Rome for Italy’s recent March for Life, and spoke of their decision to return to their native Romania to fill the gap where a pro-life presence was lacking.
Russia's ongoing confrontation with the West has ignited debate inside and outside the U.S.-led NATO alliance about what its responsibilities are, and how much of its time and effort should be spent to prepare for and if necessary counter Russian President Vladimir Putin's military ambitions.
Romania's Defense Ministry says some 1,600 sailors are taking part in navy training exercises in the Black Sea amid tensions in neighboring Ukraine.
Bucharest club Rapid says it will have to move out of the stadium that has been its home since 1939 because the cash-strapped club can't afford the rent.
Sixth-seeded Andreas Seppi was knocked out of the first round of the Nastase Tiriac Trophy on Tuesday, along with seventh-seeded Nicolas Mahut.
A Russian fighter jet made multiple, close-range passes near an American warship in the Black Sea for more than 90 minutes Saturday amid escalating tensions in the region, U.S. military officials said Monday.
Inter Milan defender Cristian Chivu has retired from football, terminating his contract with the Italian club and setting his sights on becoming an agent.
The Obama administration is failing to seize on a rare strategic chance, presented by Russia's increasingly aggressive military posturing around Ukraine, to expand the U.S. missile defense footprint in Eastern Europe.
NATO deployed two surveillance aircraft Wednesday to monitor Ukraine's air space and Black Sea ship movements as Russia consolidated its military buildup in Crimea.
NATO forces have sent in the surveillance craft to fly over Poland and Romania and keep an eye on developments in nearby Ukraine.
Romania held Lionel Messi's Argentina to a 0-0 draw in a friendly on Wednesday as the South Americans continued their preparations for the World Cup.
Top-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro advanced to the Brazil Cup semifinals Thursday after No. 5-seeded Monica Niculescu of Romania retired with an apparent right ankle injury.
Romania's cinema board has lifted its ban on Danish director Lars von Trier's movie "Nymphomaniac II."
Defending champion Andy Murray could face top-seeded Novak Djokovic only in the U.S. Open semifinals, while Nadal and Federer — who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows — might meet in the quarterfinals.