- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Ron Brown
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has released data that shows 80 percent of disability claims filed by Gulf War veterans for conditions related to the war have been denied.
Former District of Columbia Councilmember Michael A. Brown was sentenced Thursday to more than three years in prison for taking over $50,000 in bribes in an undercover FBI sting, a comparatively stiff sentence from a judge who said "we cannot have city government run this way."
Hampton took its first lead of the second half on a free throw from Emmanual Okoroba with more than five minutes left in the game, then pulled away for a 71-65 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore Monday Night.
Nebraska assistant football coach Ron Brown said he opposes a proposed Lincoln ordinance to protect gay and transgender people from discrimination, but he won't speak against it at Monday's public hearing.
It has been nearly 15 years since Commerce Secretary Ron Brown and 34 other persons died in a plane crash in Croatia during a trade mission. On Friday, D.C. and federal officials dedicated a stretch of the street that runs alongside the Commerce Building in his honor.
Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has confirmed the reorganization of his coaching staff, making Tim Beck his offensive coordinator and announcing four new assistants.
Ron Brown, president of the National Gulf War Resource Center, told the paper that the VA's research contradicts the Institute of Medicine's 2007 findings.