ADVERTISING, MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Stacey Salsman joined Focused Image Inc., a Falls Church marketing communications agency, as senior account executive. Ms. Salsman was marketing senior accounts manager with the Borenstein Group in Fairfax.
ASSOCIATIONS, GOVERNMENT & NONPROFITS
• Charlie Wolf II, president and chief executive officer of Payroll Network, a Kensington payroll management company, was named president of the Independent Payroll Providers Association, a nationwide trade association based in Shawnee Mission, Kan.
• Jeff Reid was named director of entrepreneurial studies and real estate initiatives at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business. Mr. Reid previously served as executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
• Nancy A. Tanchel, medical director of Liberty Laser Eye Center in Vienna, was named to the board of directors of the Greater D.C. chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners. Dr. Tanchel is also the organization’s co-chair of corporate partnerships.
HIGH TECHNOLOGY & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
• Shana Dale Fagan will join Perot Systems Corp., a global information technology firm, as senior vice president of the company’s space and Earth technology services sector in Fairfax. Ms. Fagan previously served as deputy administrator and chief acquisition officer for NASA, where she was responsible for a $17 billion annual budget.
• Future Point Systems Inc., a Reston provider of visual information systems, appointed Mike Metscher chief executive officer. Mr. Metscher comes to Future Point from the Sterling, Va., office of Overwatch Geospatial Systems, where he served as executive vice president of tactical operations.
• Lockheed Martin Corp. named Christopher E. Kubasik president and chief operating officer of the Bethesda-based defense and aerospace contractor. Mr. Kubasik previously served as executive vice president of electronic systems.