- The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nixed from the Web

CBS over the weekend tried to get unauthorized clips of David Letterman’s “Late Show” confession that he had had sexual relations with staff members taken off the Web, TVWeek.com says, citing a report from Sunday’s New York Times.

The network didn’t post official copies of the 10-minute segment, but users almost immediately posted it on YouTube. CBS flagged them for removal at the request of producers at Mr. Letterman’s Worldwide Pants production company, a source told the newspaper.

Meanwhile, the defense lawyer for the CBS News producer charged with trying to extort $2 million from Mr. Letterman called the talk-show host “a master at manipulating audiences.”

Gerald Shargel defended his client, Robert J. “Joe” Halderman, Monday during a round of interviews on network television morning shows.

Mr. Halderman, a producer for the true-crime show “48 Hours,” pleaded not guilty in a Manhattan court Friday to attempted first-degree grand larceny, Associated Press reports.

Reality death

A participant in “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” — housewife Kandi Burruss’ ex-fiance, A.J. — was killed over the weekend in a brawl outside the Body Tap, an Atlanta strip club, FoxNews.com reports.

Ashley “A.J.” Jewell, who was a part owner of the club, died after a fight with a club employee, police said. Mr. Jewell appeared several times on the Bravo hit reality series before the couple broke off their engagement in August.

Police have charged Fredrick Richardson, a club employee, with manslaughter.

Miss Burruss, a Grammy-winning songwriter who penned the 1999 hit “No Scrubs” for the R&B trio TLC, was also a member of the ‘90s girl vocal group Xscape.

More Gosselin drama

Fighting back tears, Kate Gosselin said she is broke and can’t pay her bills after her estranged husband cleaned out their joint bank account. However, she said, Jon Gosselin did not touch their eight children’s money, which she said remains safe in protected funds she established.

“He took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had,” Mrs. Gosselin said during an interview Monday with Meredith Vieira on NBC’s “Today.”

Mr. Gosselin virtually cleaned out the account that Mrs. Gosselin said contains all their liquid assets last week after TLC announced that it would continue filming the Gosselin family but was changing the name of the show from “Jon & Kate Plus 8” to “Kate Plus Eight.”

Mrs. Gosselin told Miss Vieira that under the Gosselins’ agreement with TLC, the network will stop filming if either she or Mr. Gosselin makes such a request.

Compiled by Robyn-Denise Yourse from staff, Web and wire reports

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide