- Associated Press - Tuesday, August 16, 2011

OGDEN, UTAH (AP) - Health officials in the Ogden, Utah, area put out a warning after a group of young girls at a campground were apparently sickened earlier this month by bacteria in the water.

Authorities say water at the Shawnee and Ben Lomond campgrounds in Weber County’s North Fork Canyon tested positive for chloroform and E. coli bacteria. They say the bacteria is likely why 11 members of girls’ camping trip got sick after staying at Shawnee Campground Aug. 2-5.

Officials are asking campers to bring their own supply of water to use for drinking, cooking and personal hygiene.

Scientists from the Weber-Morgan Health Department say they are working to disinfect the water supply and will be testing the water until the bacteria is gone.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide