- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DETROIT (AP) - A man identified as a person of interest in a Detroit barbershop shooting that killed three people has been convicted of an unrelated assault charge.

A federal court jury on Monday convicted Larry Walker II of assaulting a federal law enforcement officer for trying to ram an unmarked police car in the hours following the November shooting. He’s not charged in the barbershop slayings but has been identified by police as a person of interest.

The verdict came after a trial that began last week. Walker faces up to 20 years in prison when sentenced July 8.

The Detroit News reports defense attorney Carla Marable says Walker chased the unmarked car because he believed the driver was harassing his family.

Marable has said Walker had no role in the shooting.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide