- Associated Press - Sunday, April 13, 2014

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - Officials in Pierre say the rejection of two bids for a major construction phase of a new elementary school won’t have a significant impact in the timeline of the project.

Darla Mayer is the business manager for the Pierre School District. She says the construction package that companies were bidding for last week is the largest of the project.

KCCR-AM reports the rejection of the bids will push the start of the project from late May to likely early June.

The station reports that the bid estimate for the work was about $2.1 million. The rejected bids were above estimate. Morris Inc. asked for more than $2.7 million, while Sharpe Enterprises wanted almost $2.9 million.

Mayer says the city’s goal still is to open the school in August 2015.

___

Information from: KCCR-AM, https://www.todayskccr.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide