- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 2, 2014

LAS VEGAS, N.M. (AP) - A couple who ran a Las Vegas-area boarding home is facing criminal charges after two residents died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a backyard shed last year.

State Police say 47-year-old Jose Encinias and his 41-year-old wife Denise A. Encinias are accused of two counts of neglect of a resident resulting in death.

The couple pleaded not guilty Tuesday. Denise Encinias has bonded out while her husband remains jailed on a $20,000 bond.

The Las Vegas Optic reports (https://bit.ly/1hAkysf ) that Jose Encinias also is facing a misdemeanor count of installing a gas heater without a license and not having the installation inspected or certified.

Authorities say 56-year-old Cochise Bayhan and 61-year-old Alex Montoya died inside the shed last Oct. 24.

The men were former New Mexico Behavioral Health Institute patients.

___

Information from: Las Vegas Optic, https://www.lasvegasoptic.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide