- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A stormy Wednesday is predicted for the eastern half of Texas - but not as stormy as Thursday’s forecast for North Texas.

The National Weather Service forecasts for Texas calls for a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Wednesday night for the eastern half of Texas. Thursday, however, brings a 30 to 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in North and Central Texas and 60 percent chance for storms in East Texas. Some of the storms could turn severe.

There were numerous reports of golf ball-size hail in thunderstorms in the rolling plains of West Texas north and northeast of Abilene. Storm spotters reported one thunderstorm dropped hail up to baseball size near Woodson, about 60 miles northeast of Abilene.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide