- Associated Press - Thursday, April 3, 2014

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - A Superior Court judge has ruled that three teenagers will be tried as adults in the kidnapping of an 89-year-old woman.

The News Journal reports (https://delonline.us/1pRN3T6 ) that Judge Richard Stokes ruled Wednesday that due to the seriousness of the crime the trials should stay in Superior Court.

Attorneys argued their clients, who are charged with carjacking, kidnapping and conspiracy, should be tried in Family Court. A fourth teen agreed to plead guilty and testify at the trials.

The woman told police that two girls forced her into the trunk of her car last year, after she gave them a ride. Authorities said the teens drove around for days with the woman in the trunk before leaving her in a graveyard. Police say they later found the teens in her car.


Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., https://www.delawareonline.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide