- Associated Press - Monday, December 15, 2014

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - Officials are investigating the source of a carbon monoxide leak that sickened youth hockey players in Fargo.

KFGO radio reports (https://bit.ly/1wAet5H ) that it wasn’t immediately known how many players became ill at the Teamsters Arena on Sunday, but some of them were treated for headaches and nausea at a local hospital.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Dane Carley says firefighters measured carbon monoxide levels in the arena up to 110 parts per million, and levels at 9 parts per million are considered dangerous.

Arena Manager Jeff Lockhart says the carbon monoxide might have come from a faulty heating system or a malfunctioning Zamboni ice machine.

Officials with Xcel Energy checked the arena on Monday and found no trace of gas.



___

Information from: KFGO-AM, https://www.kfgo.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide