- The Washington Times - Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Elliot Seymour, the 29-year-old boxer who fell to gray-haired Hollywood hitter Mickey Rourke, 62, during a knock-out match in Russia last month, has now come forward and admitted what almost everybody who watched the fight already figured: It was a sham.

Mr. Seymour said he took a dive after making a deal for $15,000 for a second-round fall — $10,000 of which he got up front and the remainder, when he landed in the United States, TMZ Sports reported.

The fighter initially denied the match was a hoax, but confessed over the weekend. Why?

He said he’s talking about his choreographed punches now because he’s tired of living the lie, and he’s upset that Mr. Rourke’s people have “dragged their feet” on paying the remaining $5,000, TMZ Sports reported.

Mr. Rourke’s trainer continues to deny that the fight was fixed and suggested that Mr. Seymour was simply trying to make some extra money with publicity.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide