- Associated Press - Monday, February 10, 2014

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) - Fire investigators are blaming an overloaded extension cord for a fire at a Salisbury duplex that killed two people.

The Daily Times reports (https://delmarvane.ws/1fT8xuy ) Monday that the Office of the State Fire Marshal office says the fire began in the master bedroom of the duplex on Patrick Avenue on Friday. Investigators say the extension cord caught fire and ignited nearby combustibles and a smoke detector in the home was not working.

Officials say William and Mary Holdbrook both died after the fire. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that William Holbrook’s cause of death was smoke inhalation.

___

Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., https://www.delmarvanow.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide