- Associated Press - Monday, February 10, 2014

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - Vermont officials say a fire in a Burlington apartment building last week was caused by a burning stick of incense.

A news release says that a stick of burning incense was left unattended near a partially open window. The incense stick ignited nearby curtains and the fire spread to a mattress.

The Burlington Fire Marshal’s Office is classifying the fire as accidental.

The fire marshal is reminding members of the public to always extinguish incense or candles when leaving a room and to keep such items clear of other objects which may catch flame or combust.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide