- Associated Press - Monday, February 10, 2014

NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) - Smoldering drapes in the auditorium caused a North Las Vegas high school to be evacuated Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to haze and smoke at Rancho High School around 11 a.m. and evacuated the school. Students were allowed back in about an hour later.

Tim Szymanski of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue says there were no injuries, but damage is estimated at $100,000.

Szymanski says the smoldering could have been caused by a stage light touching the curtains. The burned drapery was removed from the stage.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide