- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) - A Shreveport family - four adults and three children - are recovering after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

KTBS-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1nskY3k ) the Shreveport Fire Department responded to a medical emergency call Tuesday morning in which a whole family was complaining of shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting.

When crews arrived, they found a carbon monoxide meter measuring 124 parts per million of carbon monoxide. The acceptable OSHA 8-hour exposure to CO is 35 parts per million.

The family was removed from the home, treated and transported to area hospitals.

Fire officials remind citizens in homes with natural gas appliances to install carbon monoxide detectors and to have them serviced regularly by licensed technicians.

___

Information from: KTBS-TV, https://ktbs.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide