- Associated Press - Sunday, February 23, 2014

OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - Maine emergency officials say none of the 21 people affected by carbon monoxide at an Ogunquit resort suffered serious injuries.

Nine ambulances were sent to the InnSeason Resorts-The Falls at Ogunquit on Route 1 Sunday and one of the hotel’s buildings was evacuated.

York Fire Chief Mark O’Brien said that 14 people were evaluated at the scene and seven were taken to two area hospitals for further evaluation. They were listed in stable condition and were expected to be released Sunday.

O’Brien said carbon monoxide readings in the basement were 10 times more than normal levels and that the building did not have carbon monoxide detectors.

A woman who answered the phone at the 77-room hotel said hotel officials had no comment.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide