- Associated Press - Sunday, February 23, 2014

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - State health officials are warning anyone who works at or has eaten at a Hilton Head Island restaurant that they may have been exposed to hepatitis A.

The Department of Health and Environmental Control on Saturday urged customers and staff of who went to Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks on Feb. 15 that they should seek medical treatment.

Officials say they were notified Friday that a restaurant employee had tested positive for hepatitis A, which causes liver inflammation.

The employee had been away, returned to work Feb. 15 and was later hospitalized. DHEC says anyone who was at the restaurant from 4 p.m. until closing time that day should get a single-dose vaccine no later than March 1.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide