- Associated Press - Monday, February 24, 2014

MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. (AP) - A spark from construction work is blamed for a grass fire that burned two acres surrounding two holes at Big Creek Golf and Country Club in Mountain Home.

The Baxter Bulletin reports (https://bit.ly/1ms7yGb ) that the fire began just after 10 a.m. Monday and was extinguished within about 15 minutes with no injuries or structure damage reported.

Authorities say a worker was cutting cement when he struck steel - creating the spark that started the fire.

Baxter County is one of 23 counties listed by the Arkansas Forestry Commission has having a burn ban in place.


Information from: The Banner-News, https://www.bannernews.net

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide