- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 25, 2014

OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - The fire chief in Ogunquit, Maine, says a time-share resort where guests were sickened by carbon monoxide won’t be fined, and it plans to install carbon monoxide detectors in all 77 of its rooms.

Fire Chief Mark O’Brien told the Portland Press Herald (https://bit.ly/NtLTkj) that The Falls at Ogunquit won’t face any sanctions for not having any carbon monoxide detectors because a state law requiring them took effect long after the resort was built. A state panel that oversees heating system installers is investigating to determine whether a propane furnace that malfunctioned was installed properly in 2006.

Seven guests were treated at the hospital Sunday and 14 were treated with oxygen at the resort after a joint between two exhaust pipes separated, spreading the gas into 12 rooms.

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald, https://www.pressherald.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide