- Associated Press - Thursday, February 6, 2014

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a landlord trying to thaw frozen pipes with an arc welder in Ann Arbor started a house fire.

No injuries were reported following Wednesday night’s fire. The Ann Arbor News reports (https://bit.ly/N7wIOd ) two residents of the house were displaced.

Battalion Chief Randy Menard says the arc welder apparently caused problems with the home’s electrical system, sparking a fire in the attic.

Pipes had been frozen at the home for several days. The fire destroyed most of the upstairs of the two-family home.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide