- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 15, 2014

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - Fire has caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to a business in a Bismarck mall.

Fire officials say an overheated electric motor is the apparent cause of the early Wednesday blaze at BC Bagels in the Gateway Fashion Mall. The fire was in the vent system for the business’s cooking area, and had started to extend to the roof when firefighters arrived shortly before 5 a.m.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it could heavily damage the mall, but the fire did send light smoke into other areas of the mall including the food court. Firefighters ventilated the smoke.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide