- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 22, 2014

RANDALLSTOWN, Md. (AP) - Baltimore County Police say a woman and her two sons have been taken to Shock Trauma after becoming ill from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police and fire personnel went to the single-family Randallstown home about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. Meters that firefighters carry detected high levels of carbon monoxide.

Police say the woman and her young adult sons fell ill; one son was unconscious. Authorities evacuated the home and the three were taken to Shock Trauma. Officers say one of the young men was in critical condition.

Firefighters say meters showed CO levels at 776 parts per million, which can cause death in a few hours.

The home was ventilated and police say a preliminary inspection showed a faulty furnace may be responsible for the carbon monoxide leak.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide